folk dog art commissions
get a custom folk dog painting! pricing for custom folk dog art depends mainly on the size of the canvas, although there are a few other factors as well. the best way to get started is to email me and let me know what kind of dog(s) you have, and what size painting(s) you'd like. once the canvas size is settled, all it takes is a few good photos to get your folk dog painting going.
- folk dog paintings are acrylic on 1.5" deep gallery-profile canvas with painted sides
- a typical folk dog painting of one dog is 16x20 and costs $375+ shipping
- smaller 12x12, 11x14, 12x16 and 14x18 sizes are also available, starting at $225 and going up according to size
- it can take anywhere from 4 weeks to 6 months to complete a custom folk dog painting, depending on the length of the waiting list
- a 50% non-refundable deposit is required
- folk dog paintings make great gifts!
folk dog greeting cards are available in 5x7 and 4.25x5.5 sizes, and are priced individually and in packs. 1" round acrylic magnets are also available. you can purchase greeting cards and other folk dog goods directly through me, or you can find them at these fine retailers:
tart in bozeman, mt (also featuring folk dog paintings, prints, stickers & magnets!)
sola cafe in bozeman, mt (cards and magnets only)
toucan gallery in billings, mt, (paintings, magnets, cards)
paws by the river in piermont, ny (paintings and cards)
innman park petworks in atlanta, ga (paintings and magnets only)
packerland veterinary center in green bay, wi (paintings only)
if you know of a retailer who might like to carry folk dog art stuff, please give me a holler at firstname.lastname@example.org!
"Abby really captured the spirit of our dogs. She provided good quality pictures along the way to give us an idea of how it was going to turn out and any suggestions or comments that we might want to make. Interestingly, her painting has made me look at one of our dogs differently as she captured an asymmetry in her markings that I had not noticed before and I find quite beautiful. I guess you could say that her paintings have changed my view of the world." ~Michael -- Newton, MA